What is MICRELCARE
Every patient journey is different, but with the MICRELCARE our web-based clinical information system, healthcare professionals, doctors and nurses can have instant access to the infusion information of their patients and monitor their ongoing infusions in near time.
Connected health – anywhere, anytime!
How it works
ambulatory pump – cellular or WiFi connection
Securely access the MICRELCARE web application
Information & alerts on infusion status
How does MICRELCARE support you
Instant view of infusion status, 24 h/day
Healthcare professionals can see for example the remaining infusion time and other infusion parameters online. They can monitor instantly the infusion progress and therapy related events like the requested and given boluses.
Receive clinical feedback for your patient
Thanks to a questionnaire with regard to pain score, healthcare professionals can receive and track patient’s feedback. The questionnaire can be answered by the care giver or the patient.
Receive alerts in response to technical and clinical events
In case there are any technical and therapy related alerts generated, they can be transmitted via SMS and/or email. Nurses in charge can be instantly notified for technical issues like pump alarms. Clinical related alarms can be sent via SMS and/or email to the healthcare professional.
Instant access to the complete infusion history of your patients
View the history of all infusions for each patient, including all pump events, online. Therapy specific history information and graphs can help physicians evaluate the therapy progress and monitor patient compliance. Documentation of patient’s infusions has never been so easy and secure!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does MICRELCARE comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)?
- MICRELCARE server is hosted in a French external health data hosting company who has been granted the rights by the Ministry of Health to host health data.
- This company’s facilities and processes are fulfilling the GDPR requirements.
- Data centers are ISO27001 certified (security information system management standard).
- MICRELCARE implements state of the art security measures like two-factor authentication feature.
- What is the process for the data being transferred from the patient’s device to the web based platform?
- What security is there around the web based platform and the transfer?
- Hosting Company: Protected with Firewall & certified according ISO27001 which means that the hosting centre need to install all possible measures to protect health related and personal data
- Data encryption
- – Data transmitted from server to the web browser: ssl encryption
- – Data transmitted from the pump to the server: From pump to cellular provider: GPRS which contains by default a coding scheme
- Data tunnel
- – Though VPN with Micrel SIM cards
- Do the data get lost in case of network interruption/ disconnection?
- As long as no new infusion is started All log files (infusion events, alarms) are saved by the pump until the IP connect is connected to the network, no partial data can be sent.